Sightseeing North Center (ONC04-02)
- Trip Valid: 01/01/2015 to 31/12/2015
- Duration: 4 days
- Distance: 500km
- Level: Novice /Intermediate
- Tour Code: ONC-02
- Style: Cultual Experiences
Highlights: For most visitors travelling to Bac Ha market which is considered as traditional one of some tribes living around there, their purpose is not only go sighseeing, but also have a chance to taste Ban Pho wine.
Every Sunday, tribe people such as Hmong, Red Dao, Zay people climb tens of kilometers through the mountains’ picks to reach the market - one can find everything here from foods, wine, rice, clothing, souvenirs. Especially, the market is also for trading buffaloes, horses, dogs, cats ... People in mountainous areas come here for business as well as take part in social activity or meet others. Coming to Bac Ha market, visiters should not miss a bowl of Thang Co, a local specialty cooked with vircera of buffaloes and horses. It is said that pans used to cook Thang Co, never be washed to keep the flavor. In the winter days, tribe people gather around pan of Thang Co, drink Bac Ha rice which made from rice or corn. The Bac Ha wine is very strong. After leaving the market, local young men can sleep on roadside, meanwhile his wife is happy to wait beside the horse.
Ban Pho village is two kilometers from the center of Bac Ha, the village is inhabited by the Flower Hmong, this is also where the famous Tam Hoa plums are grown. In the spring, several trucks bring Tam Hoa plum to Hanoi and other provinces. In addition, there is the Hoang A Tuong’s palace, who is considered as the King of the Tribe Hmong in French colonial times. For decades, the palace still retains the original architecture.
This dirtbike tour is designed for people interested in sighseeing and learning about culture and life of moutainous tribe.
||If you don’t have special order, we will organize maximum group size with 6 people
The cost for each itinerary might be very different from the others. The number of people in the group, means of transportation or type of bike and your specific expectations are the deciding factors.
Most of our tours are private and personalised, can be customised before and during the journey, taking into account actual road and weather conditions and also your change of expectations.
Dirtbike Travel organizes all-inclusive full package tours. The only exception is at the request of travellers who wish to upgrade their accommodation for something more luxurious (but not always possible!).
- Motorcycle(s), spare parts and all fuel;
- Tour guide with his dirt bike: He can help you repar/Translator/Mechanic (He's three in one!);
- Standard hotel (double, twins or triple shared room) and/or homestay (sleeping bags, mosquito nets, sheets, pillows...are provided);
- Third party motorbike insurance;
- All food (Vietnamese food, Western food costs extra);
- All entrance fees, permits, tickets, boat trips, ferries, bamboo rafts, etc;
- Bike shipping and tour guide's travel back to Hanoi (for Ho Chi Minh trail/highway trips);
- Dirtbike Vietnam provides support. We are with you along the way;
- Vietnamese tea and rice wine.
- Personal expenses, personal medical insurance;
- Drinks other than tea and local rice wine;
- Single room supplement if you request a single room;
- Motorbiking protective pants, jacket, gloves, helmet, rain gear and other safety equipment at favourable rental rate;
- Train or flight tickets before and after your tour;
- Breakfast on the departure day and dinner on the return day;
- Accommodation and food in Hanoi;