The legendary of Ho Chi Minh trail (ONS11-01)
- Trip Valid: 01/01/2015 to 31/12/2015
- Duration: 11 days
- Distance: 1500km
- Level: Novice /Intermediate
- Trip Code: OHCM-01
- Style: Experience
Highlights: The Ho Chi Minh Trail, elaborate system of mountain and jungle paths and trails used by North Vietnam to infiltrate troops and supplies into South Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos during the Vietnam War. The trail was put into operation beginning in 1959, after the North Vietnamese leadership decided to use revolutionary warfare to reunify South with North Vietnam. Accordingly, work was undertaken to connect a series of old trails leading from the panhandle of North Vietnam southward along the upper slopes of the Annamese Cordillera (French: Chaîne Annamitique; Vietnamese: Truong-Son) into eastern Laos and Cambodia and thence into South Vietnam. Up to now, most of this trail is recontructed but there are many legenday still hid in the Ho Chi Minh trail.
Besides incredible driving, deep in the Vietnamese countryside, this ride takes in the charming ancient trading town of Hoian, Khe Sanh battle site and DMZ. We also take time to stay overnight in a traditional Thai hill tribe and visit to some tribal villages on the way.
||If you don’t have special order, we will organize maximum group size with 6 people
The cost for each itinerary might be very different from the others. The number of people in the group, means of transportation or type of bike and your specific expectations are the deciding factors.
Most of our tours are private and personalised, can be customised before and during the journey, taking into account actual road and weather conditions and also your change of expectations.
Vietnam Dirtbike Travel organizes all-inclusive full package tours. The only exception is at the request of travellers who wish to upgrade their accommodation for something more luxurious (but not always possible!).
- Motorcycle(s), spare parts and all fuel;
- Tour guide with his dirt bike: He can help you repar/Translator/Mechanic (He's three in one!);
- Standard hotel (double, twins or triple shared room) and/or homestay (sleeping bags, mosquito nets, sheets, pillows...are provided);
- Third party motorbike insurance;
- All food (Vietnamese food, Western food costs extra);
- All entrance fees, permits, tickets, boat trips, ferries, bamboo rafts, etc;
- Bike shipping and tour guide's travel back to Hanoi (for Ho Chi Minh trail/highway trips);
- Dirtbike Vietnam provides support. We are with you along the way;
- Vietnamese tea and rice wine.
- Personal expenses, personal medical insurance;
- Drinks other than tea and local rice wine;
- Single room supplement if you request a single room;
- Motorbiking protective pants, jacket, gloves, helmet, rain gear and other safety equipment at favourable rental rate;
- Train or flight tickets before and after your tour;
- Breakfast on the departure day and dinner on the return day;
- Accommodation and food in Hanoi;